Thursday 19 April 2018

Lights, Camera, Action!

One day I got an unexpected call from Wendy Toyer, the Executive Director of the ALS Society in BC, located in Richmond. For the month of March, Global News was part of an ALS Awareness fundraising campaign. Each Monday morning they profiled someone currently living with the disease. Wendy inquired if I had any interest in being part of this venture. I of course jumped at the chance! I will do anything I can to help those currently living with this disease and anyone who is yet to unfortunately be diagnosed. It was time to get ready for my fifteen minutes of fame. (It turned out to be 2 minutes and 23 seconds, but that's beside the point.) 

So on March 7th a girlfriend and I headed off to the big city for my interview. It had been a while since my last road trip; even though I wasn't going to spend the night anywhere it felt amazing to be on an adventure.


Heading off to the ferries!

Dolce attracted much attention! Which she gobbled up. 

Made it to the Mainland. 

Our chariot for the day. 





In the limelight. 

Time to head back home. 

Who can resist fries on the ferry? Not me. 

My interview aired on March 26th. If you would like to see my clip you can click here.

Although this post missed the March fundraiser, The ALS Society of BC is always accepting donations. Services such as their Equiptment Loan Program have been invaluable to me. It is where I received my power-chair, recliner, and hospital bed to name a few. I am forever grateful for their services and support. If you would like to donate and learn more about the ALS society, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment